MTV partners with CAIR (Council on anti-American Islamic Relations) to shape TV programming for 500 million households despite’s the groups known terrorist ties and Islamofascist agenda.
Click here to send your email of concern to MTV and Viacom (parent) officials. It only takes a few seconds.
The Clarion Project reports in part: MTV is including the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a U.S. Muslim Brotherhood entity with a history of radicalism, in its “world-class coalition of expert partners” for a campaign to combat discrimination and inequality. CAIR has a history of tarring its opponents by calling them “anti-Muslim” or “Islamophobes.”
The multi-year “Look Different” campaign will use celebrity activism, television shows and social media to influence the over 500 million households that MTV is available in. While well-intentioned, MTV unfortunately chose to include CAIR, an organization with an extremist history that tars every opponent as an anti-Muslim bigot.
The Justice Department designated CAIR an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism-financing trial in U.S. history. The government listed CAIR as an entity of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood, specifically its secret Palestine Committee; a body set up to covertly support the Hamas terrorist group. But many of CAIR’s leaders have been indicted and convicted on terrorism charges:
CAIR’s efforts to use MTV’s campaign for political advantage will be endorsed by the Southern Poverty Law Center, another organization included in MTV’s coalition.
This means that the Southern Poverty Law Center, which has officially labled Florida Family Association a hate group, will be a rallying voice for CAIR’s agenda on the MTV advisory group. The SPLC.org web site classifies Florida Family Association as engaging in“general hate.”
If anyone thinks that America will never accept Sharia law then they need to read the Clarion Projects report titled Popular Muslim Imam: Working Towards Sharia for America and Jihadwatch.org article titled Austria to introduce law that respects Islamic Sharia and invites imams to preach at public institutions.
The CAIR that MTV wants expert advice from regarding congenial treatment toward others is the same CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations) that:
- Called on their members to condemn the faculty at Brandeis University for choosing to recognize Ayaan Hirsi Ali with an award for defending Muslim women against Islamist honor violence.
- Successfully pushed for the disbandment of the New York Police Department Muslim spying unit.
- Influenced the FBI to scrub 1,000 presentations and curricula on Islam from FBI offices around the country that was deemed “offensive.”
- Successfully blocked the future publication of the FBI’s Most-Wanted Ads.
- Influenced Illinois Governor Pat Quinn to ban national security, anti-terrorism training expert from instructing law enforcement officers.
- Aggressively opposed legislation in several states which would have prohibited their state courts from recognizing Sharia law.
- Successfully pressured the Lane Community College in Oregon to drop Barry Sommer as the instructor of the course titled “What Is Islam.”
- Demanded that DHL Global Mail adhere to Sharia required prayer for Muslim employees.
- Issued their Islamophobe report which name calls any group that publicly opposes the Islamist Sharia compliant agenda.
How is it possible that MTV would ever consider CAIR as an expert advisor on congenial and humane treatment of other people (Women, non-Muslims, Apostate Muslims) given an agenda by this group which:
- Censors and harasses anyone who dares to speak the truth about the Islamist agenda?
- Pushes for the disarmament of law enforcements’ use of constitutionally valid methods of surveillance to defend the United States against Jihad?
- Opposes women who dare speak out against “honor violence” against women?
- Defends adaptation of Sharia law in America?
Additionally, CAIR officials have made some extraordinary public statements:
- Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of Council on American Islamic Relations: Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.” Omar Ahmad told a crowded audience of Muslims in 1998 according to a San Ramon Valley Herald news report by Lisa Gardiner.
- Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of Council on American Islamic Relations: At the Islamic Association of Palestine’s third annual convention in Chicago in November 1999, Omar Ahmad gave a speech at a youth session praising suicide bombers who“kill themselves for Islam.” “Fighting for freedom, fighting for Islam — that is not suicide. They kill themselves for Islam,” he said.
- Nihad Awad, CAIR, Executive Director: Awad publicly declared “I am in support of the Hamas movement,” during a March 1994 symposium at Barry University. Before helping to launch CAIR, NihadAwad worked as public relations director for the Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP) in 1993 and 1994. A 2001 Immigration and Naturalization Service memo documented IAP’s support for Hamas and found that the “facts strongly suggest” that IAP was “part of Hamas’ propaganda apparatus.”
- Mustafa Carroll, executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch: Muslims living in America should not be bound by U.S. law, according to an official of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who delivered the controversial message to a Muslim crowd in Austin, Texas. “If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land.”
The advice that CAIR provides MTV, given their above described history, may likely work to promote television impressions that censor and/or minimize pro-Sharia Islamist activities of Muslims and Imams in the United States. Additionally, CAIR may be inclined to advise MTV to demonize and mock anyone who voices concern about the Islamist agenda in America. Such censorship and demonization will only work to riskily hide the Islamist agenda’s clear and present danger to American liberties and traditional values.
Florida Family Association has prepared an email for you to send that encourages MTV and Viacom officials to drop CAIR as an expert for their “Look Different” campaign or face the loss of advertisers for programming where CAIR’s involvement is evident.
To send your email, please click the following link, enter your name and email address then click the “Send Your Message” button. You may also edit the subject or message text if you wish.
Please click here to send your email that encourages MTV and Viacom officials to drop CAIR as an expert for their “Look Different” campaign or face the loss of advertisers for programming where CAIR’s involvement is evident.
New York, NY 10036
|Stephen K. Friedman
President, MTVs[email protected]
President, MTV Programming[email protected]
EVP of MTV and
GM of MTV2 & MTVU[email protected]
EVP Programming and Content Strategy[email protected]
President and Chief Executive Officer
Vice Chair[email protected]
Chief Executive Officer[email protected]
Chief Financial Officer[email protected]
EVP, Corporate Communications[email protected]