Shiny pony man-child prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, apparently thinks he can support feminism and Islam at the same time. Does he realize that Muslims are laughing at him behind his back?
The Rebel There are a number of injunctions made against women in Islamic texts. Female genital mutilation is endorsed by Islamic authorities and is widespread in Islamic countries. Throughout the years, Islamic scholars have likened women to “animals”, “slaves”, and “plants”. Doesn’t it sound like Islam values women’s rights?
There are still people who think Islam and feminism can be reconciled. It’s time to debunk that nonsense. According to progressive logic, you’d have to be an Islamophobe or a misogynist. You can’t be both.
Concordantly, Sharia law endorses misogyny. Qur’an verse 4:34 has been invoked to endorse wife-beating. Qur’an verses 2:228 and 6:301 have been used to endorse the idea that men have innate superiority over women. Sharia law is often used to justify honor killings, the Islamic practice of male family members killing female family members for being “dishonorable”.
Sharia law has also been used to maintain the legality of female genital mutilation. Most of the worst misogyny in Islam comes from Mohammed himself.
There’s nothing progressive about women being killed for adultery, or being stoned for the crime of being raped. And there’s nothing progressive about shoving Islamic misogyny under the rug to keep dangerous people placated.
* Qur’an (2:228) “Men have a status above women.”
* Qur’an (4:11) (on inheritance) “The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females”
* Qur’an (2:282) (on court testimony) “And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women.”
* Qur’an (2:223) “Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will…”
* Qur’an (4:34) “If you fear highhandedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them.”