Apple, MGM Resorts, JP Morgan Chase and other corporations join George Soros in donating millions of dollars to the discredited SPLC in support of their efforts to shut down conservative, Christian, and anti-Islam websites (including BNI) by mislabeling them “hate groups.”
Don’t be misled by their name, SPLC is anything but poverty stricken as their coffers are overflowing with more than $350 million.
Florida Family Association sent out an email alert on August 28, 2017 titled JP Morgan Chase will donate $1 million to Southern Poverty Law Center and its hate list. The email alert encouraged people to send emails to Chase officials to point out:
• The Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) wrongful labeling of some conservative organizations as hate groups unjustly harms reputations, threatens public safety and brands their followers as hate people.
• The Southern Poverty Law Center’s name calling and labeling is offensive and alarming to the millions of Americans who belong to and support many conservative organizations that are wrongfully listed as hate groups.
• The Southern Poverty Law Center’s list puts these organizations’ employees and the people who support them in a bull’s eye target for leftists’ hate and possible violence.
Chase’s ridiculous response is insulting to tens of millions of conservatives. Chase wants the public to believe the Southern Poverty Law Center will only use Chase funds in the way Chase wants. Even if that were true, Chase’s donations frees up other resources to be used to continue to smear wrongly labeled conservative organizations.
Worst of all, the conservative organizations that are wrongly labeled as hate groups and the millions of people who support the groups feel no better that Chase wants them to look at the totality of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s work. Essentially, Chase is saying that it is okay to support the Southern Poverty Law Center’s hate toward conservatives as long it fights white supremacists.
JPMorgan will also donate $1 million to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) (both of which include BNI on their hate group lists) in response to the violent protests that took place in Charlottesville, Va., in early August.
Peter Scher, head of corporate responsibility and chairman of JPMorgan, wrote a letter to staff Monday wherein he asserted the bank “stands in support of all those who reject racism and violence,” and pledged to support both the SPLC and ADL in their campaign of “tracking, exposing and fighting” hate groups and other extremist organizations.
Scher announced that the bank will launch a two-for-one match for employee donations to groups that promote human and civil rights.
Here are some facts regarding the Southern Poverty Law Center.
• The Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) wrongful labeling of some conservative organizations as hate groups unjustly harms reputations, threatens public safety and brands their followers as hate people. Some of the organizations the SPLC wrongfully lists as hate groups include D. James Kennedy Ministries, Family Research Council, Liberty Counsel and American Family Association.
• In 2012, the Southern Poverty Law Center’s “hate catalogue made headlines in 2012 when a domestic terrorist who carried out a politically-motivated shooting at a Christian organization, the Family Research Council (FRC), admitted he got his target list from the SPLC.” Source Judicial Watch.
On August 15, 2012 Floyd Lee Corkins II, wielding a 9mm pistol along with two magazines and 50 rounds of ammunition, entered the lobby of Family Research Council’s Washington, D.C. headquarters. Corkins shot an employee, 46-year-old Leonardo Johnson, in the left arm. During his FBI interview Corkins was asked how he chose his target. His response was “Southern Poverty Law lists anti-gay groups. I found them online”. Source Wikipedia.
• In 2014, under the Obama administration, the FBI cut ties with the Southern Poverty Law Center. The Department of Justice used to provide access to the hate propaganda published online by the Southern Poverty Law Center. However, the Department of Justice removed the SPJC as a reference after more than a dozen conservative organizations complained about the erroneous labeling and public safety threats that accompany it. Source Judicial Watch.
• Congressman Steve Scalise and four others were gunned down in a rampage by James T. Hodgkinson who liked the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Facebook page. In 2014, the Southern Poverty Law Center repeatedly implied that Scalise associated with white supremacists and other groups the organization had deemed “hate groups,” including the Family Research Council. Source SPLC. In 2015, SPLC implied that because Scalise lives in the same state as Ku Klux Klan members, he “associated” with them. Source SPL.
The Southern Poverty Law Center’s name calling and labeling is offensive and alarming to the millions of Americans who belong to and support many conservative organizations that are wrongfully listed as hate groups. SPLC’s list puts these organizations’ employees and the people who support them in a bull’s eye target for leftists’ hate and possible violence.
Apple’s openly gay CEO Tim Cook has vowed to donate at least $1 million to Southern Poverty Law Center which stands up for the same people who would throw him off a roof for being gay.
Florida Family Association MGM Resorts International, the largest casino operator on the Las Vegas Strip, said Friday that it would match employee donations made to the Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, Anti-Defamation League, Human Rights Campaign, Council on American Islamic Relations, OCA National-Asian Pacific American Advocates and League of United Latin American Citizens.
CEO Jim Murren made the announcement in a letter, saying he felt compelled to speak out against “the degradation of basic human dignity” following the deadly attacks in Charlottesville and Barcelona in recent days.
He said the company champions diversity and inclusion. Murren said MGM believes in free speech but that it would not tolerate hate.
MGM Resorts is funding:
Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR):
• One of MGM Resort’s partners is located in a country that declared CAIR a terrorist organization. MGM Resorts is in a 50-50 partnership with Dubai World. Dubai is one of seven emirates that makes up the United Arab Emirates country. The United Arab Emirates’ ministerial cabinet listed the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) as one of 83 banned terrorist organizations on November 15, 2014. More info.
• Eight former CAIR officials were sentenced to prison or deported because of their support for terrorism.
• Omar Ahmad, Chairman and founder of the Council on American Islamic Relations, told a Muslim crowd “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faiths, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”
Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
• In 2014, under the Obama administration, the FBI cut ties with the Anti-Defamation League. The Department of Justice used to provide access to the propaganda published online by the Anti-Defamation League. Source Daily Caller.