Most of the Western media seem to have dropped this story now that the police finally gave up the name of the driver they’ve had in custody for nearly three days – MOHAMMED ABDUL, 21 – of South East London. He is now charged with attempted murder after he slammed the 4 x 4 he was driving into a crowd of partygoers outside Blake’s nightclub in Gravesend, Kent, injuring 13.
Daily Mail Footage taken on Saturday night shows clubbers appearing to attack the driver of a 4 x 4 which smashed through the marquee where smokers had congregated. Abdul will appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court today, Kent Police said as they confirmed that the incident at about 11.45pm is NOT being treated as terror related. (Why the hell not? Because he wasn’t shouting “Alahu Akbar”?)
Several of those hurt suffered broken bones. Footage from the scene appears to show security guards in hi-vis jackets wrestling the driver to the floor.
The car jihadist is believed to have been asked to leave the club earlier in the evening following an altercation. The man suffered minor injuries and was taken to hospital as a precaution but is currently in custody, a Kent Police statement said.
One clubber said he was in the smoking area and saw the driver arguing with bouncers at the front of the club. He told The Sun: “I saw all the security guards shouting. They were standing in front of the car to stop it moving but it reversed and really went for it.
“One guard got the door open and was trying to pull him out or stop the car but it kept coming towards us. “Another security guard tried to jump out of the way but he went onto the bonnet and hit the windscreen. Other witnesses told The Sun Online that revellers immediately started throwing things at the car that had smashed into crowds, including a table.