Republican candidate for Michigan governor, Patrick Colbeck, is being condemned for offering evidence that the devout Muslim Democrat candidate, Abdul El-Sayed, has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood whose mission statement involves carry out “civilization jihad” with the well-publicized goal of taking over Western countries and subjugating the populations to Islamic law.
Buzzfeed The candidate, Patrick Colbeck, who is currently a state senator of Michigan’s 7th District, made the remarks about Dr. Abdul El-Sayed while delivering a slideshow at an event held by the United West in April 2018. (See video at bottom)
The United West has been classified as an “active anti-Muslim group” by the FBI-discredited Southern Poverty Law Center, which goes after Christians, Jews, and conservative groups and attempting to tarnishing them by putting them on SPLC annual lists of extremists and hate groups. Note: Muslim groups in America are never on this list.
“So Hamtramck is now the first majority Muslim city council,” Colbeck can be heard saying on a slide called “Position of Influence,” with a picture of El-Sayed. Hamtramck is a city in Michigan.
“Abdul El-Sayed who I am running against in the general election, is linked to the Muslim Brotherhood by his parents, back in Egypt. This is scary stuff,” Colbeck said. “They’re already advertising him as the first Muslim governor. So this is a big deal.”
“There’s a lot of pressure being applied in our society right now. You’re seeing Muslim legislators in the state legislature. And you’re seeing also a push at the local level at city councils,” Colbeck can be heard saying as a slide titled “Civilization Jihad Techniques” is up on a screen.
Renowned anti-Islam groups like the Center for Security Policy and ACT for America have alleged for years that Muslim Americans are subverting US laws through the practice of Sharia and that it would replace or supercede the laws of the land.
It is no secret in the Arab world that the Muslim Brotherhood — the oldest political Sunni Islamist group that began in Egypt and has since spread to many Arab nations — is actually infiltrating every aspect of Muslim American society with nefarious intentions.
The presentation, titled “Colbeck Explanatory Memorandum Part 1,” was posted on YouTube by an account called Sharia Crime Stoppers on April 16. A page promoting the event on the United West’s website — which also has a section called Sharia Crime Stoppers — describes Colbeck as having “studied and learned the history of Sharia, the Muslim Brotherhood, and their plan to take down America.”
Claims that “El-Sayed may harbor Islamic extremist convictions and be a Trojan horse are not unfounded,” the website says.’”
“One of his potential opponents is a Sharia-compliant Democrat candidate Abdul El-Sayed,” the website, which also has five embedded videos from the event, reads. The words are hyperlinked to another page that says El-Sayed is displaying an ISIS hand gesture (below).
El-Sayed, a 33-year-old physician who once served as head of the Detroit Health Department as health director, would be the country’s first Muslim governor if elected in November. He is the progressive favorite in the race and has been described as charismatic and “the new Obama” by the Guardian.
There are several Democratic and Republican contenders running in the August primary — the winners will then face off in the November general election. Michigan’s Attorney General Bill Schuette, a Republican, leads his party while Gretchen Whitmer, the Democratic favorite, is battling it out with Shri Thanedar, according to the latest polls. El-Sayed is polling at 10%, to Whitmer’s 18% and Thanedar’s 21%. Colbeck polled at 3% to Schuette’s 29% lead.
NoisyRoom “On the Senate floor, Colbeck also alluded back to claims that Abdul El-Sayed, a Democratic candidate for governor and Muslim-American doctor, has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. He argued that the organization has support from the Muslim Student Association, which El-Sayed participated in while attending the University of Michigan. The Muslim Student Association is a network of college students at campuses nationwide who meet to celebrate Islamic culture.”
The MSA is indeed a Muslim Brotherhood organization. It is listed in that Muslim Brotherhood document as one of its allied organizations. And here is how it “celebrates Islamic culture” on American campuses. From Discover the Networks:
- On October 22, 2000, Ahmed Shama, then-president of the UCLA Muslim Students Association, led a crowd of demonstrators at the Israeli consulate in chants of “Death to Israel!” and “Death to the Jews!” One guest speaker at the event was Hussam Ayloush, a member of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which co-sponsored the rally. In his speech, Ayloush solicited contributions for the Holy Land Foundation, which was a supporter and fundraiser for Hamas.
- MSA members at UCLA have raised money for Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists at their annual “Anti-Zionist Week.”
- In March 2003, guest speaker Muhammad Faheed told an MSA meeting at Queensborough Community College in New York, “The only relationship you should have with America is to topple it!”
- At its Annual Conference in 2003, the Iowa MSA invited, as a guest speaker, CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad, who had previously, proudly identified himself as “a supporter of the Hamas movement.”
- The University of Southern California MSA invited Taliban ambassador Sayyid Hashimi to speak on campus six months before 9/11.
- The MSA chapter at California State University-Northridge held a fundraiser for Islamic Relief Worldwide, an organization that received a $50,000 contribution from a pro-Osama bin Laden front group based in Canada.
- In 2002, James Madison University”s MSA sponsored a “Jihad” panel that included Dr. Abdulrahman Hijazi, who had previously extolled an Islamic suicide bomber as a “martyr” whose actions were animated by hopes of securing “the mercy of Allah” by way of “one of the greatest good deeds, which is jihad.”
- In 2003, University of Idaho MSA president Sami Omar Al-Hussayen, who had sought access to a chemical lab containing nuclear material, was ordered deported because he worked for the al Qaeda-tied Islamic Assembly of North America.
- At the 7th annual MSA West Conference held at the University of Southern California in January 2005, former MSA UCLA member Ahmed Shama said: “We want to restore Islam to the leadership of society.”¦ The goal “¦ is the reestablishment of the Islamic form of government.” Shama praised Hamas and Hezbollah for being “uncompromising” on their principles, and for refusing to “shake hands with the other side.” He lauded the terrorist leader Muqtada al-Sadr for “legitimately fighting against [U.S.] occupation” in Iraq. He identified Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as part of the “mainstream Islamic movement.” And he praised Hamas” resolve that “the only solution to the current [Israeli] occupation is military resistance.”
- At the February 2006 MSA West Conference at Sacramento State University, guest speaker Abdel Malik-Ali praised the late Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin and rejoiced at Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s failing health. He also said, “Last week, we were all feeling so good — we were all feeling so good — because of what happened with Hamas” — a reference to the fact that the terrorist group had just won a large percentage of seats in the Palestinian Authority (PA) elections.
- At MSA’s West Zone Conference on the UC-Berkeley campus in April 2007, MSA West president Amir Mertaban delivered a speech in which he emphasized the importance of unwavering loyalty to all fellow Muslims, regardless of what transgressions they may have committed: “Don’t ever compromise on Islam! And don’t ever compromise on your Muslim brothers and sisters in which you have no evidence. Osama bin Laden – I don’t know this guy. I don’t know what he did. I don’t know what he said. I don’t know what happened. But we defend Muslim brothers and we defend our Muslim sisters to the end…. In every aspect of Islam you are confident. Four wives? Yes men are allowed to have four wives within this context. Jihad? Yes Jihad! Jihad is the tightest thing in Islam. Don’t compromise on these little things. Be proud of it. Why? Because Islam is a perfect religion.–
- Each year since 2005, MSA and many of its campus chapters have participated in “Israeli Apartheid Week,” a series of events designed “to educate people about the nature of Israel as an apartheid system and to build Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns” against the Jewish state.
But AP doesn’t tell you any of this, and paints Colbeck as a crank dealing in conspiracy theories. This is the number that the establishment media has done on the American people for well over a decade now: all those who call attention to the nature and magnitude of the jihad threat are universally portrayed as racist nutters, not to be taken seriously by decent, thinking people. Meanwhile, the jihad advances.
Colbeck has been endorsed by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Fox News host Sean Hannity who also endorsed Colbeck saying on his radio show, “I hope you win and you have my endorsement, as long as it helps you.”
More about Abdul El-Sayed: BEWARE! This devout Muslim running for governor of Michigan is the new ‘diversity’ sweetheart of the Left