Think again before buying your next flat-screen television or computing device from Best Buy. Not only do they recognize a Muslim holiday while ignoring Christmas, now the ailing retail giant has become a sponsor of Hamas-linked Islamist Group, CAIR, and refuses to rule out future funding to Islamic radicals.
Islamist-Watch The struggling retail giant recently used profits from American consumers to fund the annual banquet of a group closely linked to Hamas. The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) recently listed Best Buy as a “Platinum Sponsor.” Best Buy has refused to rule out future support for CAIR through numerous messages to its public relations department. The big box retailer is already in chaos amid the recent resignation of its CEO for personal misconduct, dwindling sales and bond downgrades.
The United States government named CAIR an “unindicted co-conspirator” to fund the terrorist group Hamas in America’s most significant terror financing trial. The U.S. also identified CAIR as an agent of the Muslim Brotherhood, sharing the common goal of dismantling American institutions and turning the U.S. into a Sharia-compliant, Islamic state through incremental, stealth jihad.
Utterly outrageous, yes. But outrage is not enough. Action is required. The Goal is a commitment from Best Buy to never again use profits from American consumers to finance Islamic radicals.
Here is how you can make a difference:
- If you don’t like the idea of your consumer electronics, software and appliance dollars going to fund groups aligned with Hamas and pledged to turning America into a Sharia-compliant, Islamic state, write and/or call Best Buy and let them know. Best Buy Public Relations Department: 612-292-NEWS (6397) or [email protected] Susan Busch, Director of Public Relations: [email protected] Lisa Hawks, Deputy Director of Public Relations: [email protected]
- Use Best Buy stores as showrooms and then buy the same or similar products for less money from online retailers such as
- Amazon.com, Newegg.com, Overstock.com, BHPhotoVideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Costco.com, Tigerdirect.com, Bizrate.com, Walmart.com,
- Sears.com, Outletpc.com, Microcenter.com and
- Tell your friends and family about Best Buy and about Islamist Watch. If they join our mailing list (link at top of Islamist-Watch.org), they’ll receive future action alerts and can help make a difference.
This is not the first time Best Buy was slammed for its pandering to Muslims. From November 2009: Best Buy ran an ad that wished Muslims a ‘Happy Eid.’ However, they have a policy that does not allow them to wish Christians a ‘Merry Christmas’ in advertising.
The Muslim holiday ‘EID al-ADHA’ is a festivity best known for the brutal throat-slitting of goats, enjoyed by family and friends in millions of Muslim homes.