The Maine First Project mission includes ending refugee resettlement programs and any assistance to communities that accept Muslim invaders. It also posts links to Maine First Media which features anti-Muslim videos and stories.
KNOX Village Soup Those stories include ones with headlines such as”Exposed: Open-boarded leftists plot to invade rural Maine with Muslim refugees.”
The location of the Maine First Project organized by state Rep. Lawrence Lockman, a third-term Republican from Amherst, was kept secret. He recruited people via the internet but people who wanted to attend had to send him private messages in order to be approved for the session.
Becca Glaser, one of the handful of protesters (photo below) said:
“The responsibility of all caring people is to show up and speak out against the creep of anti-Muslim immigrant racism (What ‘race’ is Islam?) and other bigotry disguised in the cloak of what it means to be a Mainer. We will not let their voice be louder than ours! And we ultimately hope that their empathy will come to be expanded to understand their is enough for all of us, and that we are much stronger when we expand the circle of who we care about,” she said.
MAINE FIRST PROJECT Agenda:
- Putting Mainers First –
- Defund Harboring Havens (aka “Sanctuary Cities”);
- End the Refugee Racket Resettlement Program;
- Stop All Welfare Benefits and Aid to Illegals;
- Mandate E-Verify for Employers.
- Making Maine Education Great Again –
- Refocus on Vocation/Tech Education;
- Modernize and Personalize Learning;
- Reform Teacher Tenure;
- Establish Education Savings Accounts for Full Parental School Choice;
- Stop Subsidizing Worthless Majors and Redirect Those Funds to Vocational/Tech Schooling.
- Propelling Maine from Poverty to Prosperity –
- Make Maine an Income Tax Free State;
- Provide Training and Transitioning Assistance for Careers in the New Digital/Robotic Economy;
- Increase the Direct Primary Care Program, Combine it with Supplemented Catastrophic Coverage and Enhanced Healthcare Savings Accounts;
- Reduce Energy Costs for Consumers While Ending Green Crony Corporatism;
- Pass the Maine Workplace Democracy Act (Including: Right to Work; Workers Choice; Routine Union Re-Certification Votes; Paycheck Protection and Removal of all Wage/Salary Caps in Union Contracts);
- Reduce Burdens on Maine’s Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed.
- Maine Pride –
- Support Maine’s Traditional Farming, Fishing and Forestry Industries by Reducing Regulations and Enacting Legislation Championed by Industry Experts;
- Build Strong Branding Behind Maine Lobster, Blueberries, Timber and Other Great Maine Products.
- Draining the Swamp of Augusta –
- End Ethics Commission Loopholes That Allow Legislators to Violate Laws and Codes of Conduct;
- Reform the Budget Process Ending the Typical Budgetary Games Played at the End of Session;
- Repeal the Candidate Welfare Program (aka “Clean Elections).