It was hell that a girl apparently had to endure on Wednesday afternoon in a stairwell of the former mail distribution centre in Linz. Four young Afghan and Iranian Muslim migrants (14 and 15 years old) allegedly attacked the 16-year-old girl and raped her for more than an hour.
Medforth (h/t VMS) The hitherto sheltered life of the 16-year-old schoolgirl was deeply fractured on Wednesday and will probably never be fully repaired: humiliated, abused, molested and violated. Four young Muslim migrants allegedly brutally attacked the girl and raped her for more than an hour in a stairwell in the former mail distribution centre in Linz. The girl’s ordeal was only finally ended when police officers passing by heard cries for help.
The fact that the crime took place in broad daylight in the middle of Linz, not far from the police station and close to the registration office for Ukrainian refugees, shocked many Upper Austrians. However, this incident also illustrates the callousness of the four alleged perpetrators. Three of them have already been identified – a 14-year-old Iranian from Vöcklabruck, a 15-year-old Afghan from Amstetten and a 15-year-old Afghan from Linz. The origin, name and age of the fourth suspect were reportedly unknown for the time being. The police were feverishly searching for him.
It is still unclear how the victim could have fallen into the clutches of her tormentors. The 16-year-old is likely to have massive memory gaps due to severe trauma.
The three suspects were apparently already known to the police. They are said to deny rape, even though the situation in which they were found seems to contradict them. The alleged victim is also said to have identified them.
It was an officer of the aliens’ police who acted properly at 5.20 p.m. on Wednesday when he heard suspicious voices on his way to the toilet near Linz Central Station. He called for reinforcements. Shortly afterwards, the police officers heard a scream and opened an emergency exit door to a stairwell near the former postal distribution centre. There they reportedly saw four partially exposed youths kneeling over a girl lying on the ground. “The situation in which they were found was so critical that a crime had to be assumed,” confirms Fritz Stadlmayr, spokesperson for the provincial police directorate.
At the sight of the officers, the suspects are said to have run in different directions. A large-scale manhunt with helicopter, dozens of patrol crews and the riot squad was carried out in response.
Two suspected perpetrators were arrested immediately. A third was caught in the area of the tax office. His trousers were said to be still unbuttoned. When asked why this was so, he claimed to have been relieving himself. The trio was taken to the police detention centre, but only questioned after the alleged victim had been questioned.
The fourth suspect had run in the direction of the Wissensturm, an aliens’ police officer was chasing him. The chase continued towards the Linz stadium, but in the area of the Bergschlösslpark the policeman lost sight of the fugitive.
The victim, who was obviously severely traumatised, was taken to hospital for clinical examination. Evidence found there confirmed the suspicion of gang rape. After consultation with the public prosecutor’s office in Linz, the three suspects were transferred to the Linz prison shortly before midnight on Thursday and remanded in custody on Friday morning.
Chancellor Sebastian Kurz has promised to do everything we can to ensure that the perpetrators are punished to the fullest extent of the law. “With me there will never be a stop to deportations to Afghanistan (and anywhere else) and a softening of the asylum laws for criminal asylum seekers!”
Die grausame Tat, die in Wien begangen worden ist, macht mich zutiefst betroffen & wütend. Es ist untragbar, dass Menschen in unser Land kommen, angeben, dass sie Schutz suchen & dann grausame Verbrechen begehen. Mein tiefes Mitgefühl gilt der Familie des Mädchens! pic.twitter.com/opMvrbLgwW
— Sebastian Kurz (@sebastiankurz) June 29, 2021
UPDATE: Hard to believe: The four Muslim asylum seekers who are suspected of having raped a 16-year-old girl in Linz on March 30 were released from custody after a detention review! The Linz Regional Court did not provide a reason for this decision.
Unzensuriert (h/t Hartmut) The four suspects, a 14-year-old Iranian and three 15-year-old Afghans, have so far denied the rape – two say the sex took place voluntarily, one only wants to be there, the fourth remains adamant.
The court’s decision is incomprehensible to outsiders because it is simply inconceivable that a 16-year-old, even if she voluntarily goes with a couple of young boys, for whatever reason, could find herself on the cold ground at the emergency exit of a refugee Emergency shelter voluntarily lies down for group sex with them. In addition, the police officers who happened to be looking for a toilet caught the four suspects in a clear pose, and they all fled. Consensual sex looks different.
These, as well as other, similarly incomprehensible decisions of Austrian cuddly justice, suggest to the population that migrants in this country obviously enjoy a license for all kinds of criminal acts, while Austrians are already punished if they wear their protective masks crookedly on the subway. A catastrophic signal that causes any trust in our judiciary to dwindle and also leads to more and more resentment and disenchantment with the police, who often risk their lives in the hunt for criminals.
Last summer, a similar case shocked Austria as a 13-year-old girl was gang-raped and killed by 4 Afghan Muslim refugees: