Apparently, the British Home Office has begun hiring personnel to staff what will become an asylum center for up to 1,500 mainly young, male illegal alien Muslim invaders at a decommissioned RAF airbase in Linton-on-Ouse, in the rural town of Linton-on Ouse in North Yorkshire…whether the terrified townspeople like it or not.
Daily Mail Priti Patel was accused of ‘dropping a bomb’ on rural Yorkshire after villagers learned they face being outnumbered by young male asylum seekers. They were stunned to be told the new processing centre will accommodate 1,500 young men – and possibly more if refugees continue to cross the Channel in unprecedented numbers.
Hambleton District Councillor Martin Taylor said the impact of the influx would also be felt in surrounding rural communities. Locals also felt powerless to move out, as local house prices were already collapsing. One woman stormed: ‘Nobody is going to buy anything around here. It sounds like a done deal – and it’s an absolute disgrace.’
Home Office bigwigs also made clear that the refugees will be free to come and go provided they observe a nightly curfew.
In a tweet, local MP Kevin Hollinrake said he had demanded the asylum seeker plan be reversed in a letter to Priti Patel.
It comes as the former head of then UK’s Border Force told the Mail that 100,000 Channel migrants will reach Britain this year. Former director general of UK Border Force Tony Smith said: ‘There comes a point where we need to get a grip of our border and stop the boats.
‘The numbers are going up, a fourfold increase already this year – 28,500 last year,’ Mr Smith told the Mail at an immigration event by think-tank Policy Exchange.
‘That’s going to be over 100,000 this year just by migrant boats alone.’ Mr Smith’s prediction would be nearly 12 times the level seen in 2020, 54 times that of 2019 and more than 300 times that in 2018.
So far this year 6,693 migrants have reached the UK across the Channel – four times that seen by the same point last year. There were 651 arrivals last Wednesday, a level not seen last year until the calm summer months.
In January, it emerged that the Home Office had produced official papers warning that 65,000 migrants could cross this year. The number of crossings has since outstripped this.
This is an update to this story: UK small town residents outraged at government plan to dump 1500 (young male) Muslim asylum seekers from the Middle East and North Africa into their tiny village of just 1200 inhabitants
Please SIGN this petition! You DON’T have to be British!
PETITION: SCRAP THE LINTON-ON-OUSE MIGRANT CAMP!